The promoter is: CatchyMonkey Business Limited, T/A Catchy, (company no.7116321) whose registered office is at 6 Kingsmead Square, Bath BA1 2AB UK.
The competition is open to full time students of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over excluding employees of Amazon Media EU Sarl and Amazon Instant Video Limited (collectively, “Amazon”), Catchy, “Media EU Sarl (or their respective affiliates)” and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. Entrants (“Entrants”) must enter as part of an “Entrant Team” consisting of one to four students from a single UK University. An Entrant is only permitted to be part of one Entrant Team. Any Entrant that is part of more than one Entrant Team may be disqualified and his/her corresponding Entrant Teams may be disqualified as well at the sole discretion of the promoter. Only one member of the Entrant Team may submit an application on behalf of an Entrant Team but all those listed on the application will be deemed as Entrants. Entrant Teams are permitted to submit more than one entry but no more than one entry will be put forward to the build phase. The promoter reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
Competition entry period begins at 00:01 (GMT) on 17th November 2017 until 23:59 (GMT) on 10th December 2017 (the “Entry Period”). After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
To enter, during the Entry Period you must go to The Grand Tour Alexa Skills Challenge
at Alexaandthegrandtour.com and follow the instructions to complete the online entry form using their academic email address eg your.name@UNI.ac.uk to submit an idea for a Grand Tour themed Alexa Skill (the “Entry”).
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
3. The Competition
Teams of up to four full time students of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over must complete the online entry form to submit an idea for a Grand Tour themed Alexa Skill. The entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Fun & Functionality
No Alexa-enabled device is needed to submit an entry.
10 Entrant Teams (the “Finalist Teams”) will be chosen on Monday December 18, 2017 by a panel of Catchy and Amazon judges appointed by the Promoter. The 10 Finalist Teams judged to have the best entry will be asked to go ahead and build their Skill ready for final judgement. Each Finalist Team will be receive an Amazon Echo Dot and Amazon Echo Show to assist in building and testing their skills.
Each Finalist Team will be allowed 6 weeks to build their skill. During the Build phase, finalists must give a weekly update on progress to Catchy.
The Finalists are required to (i) create an Amazon Developer account (by going to the Developer sign-in page at https://developer.amazon.com/ and following the instructions) and accept the App Distribution and Services Agreement (located at https://devportal-eu.amazon.com/registration/agreement.html?id=M3JTMJZZHB11P3) and (ii) make their Skill available for judging by clicking on “Beta Test Your Skill” in their Amazon developer account and adding the email addresses of the judging panel. These email addresses will be confirmed during the Build phase. Skills must be emailed to the judges for final judging on or before 11:59 GMT Sunday January 28, 2018.
One Finalist Team will be selected by the judges as the grand prize winner of the competition (the “Grand Prize Winner”). Amazon may, in its sole discretion, make available to the Grand Prize Winner Amazon and The Grand Tour related materials (including, without limitation, trademarks, logos and talent names) in connection with the distribution of the Grand Prize Winner’s Skill. All other Finalist Teams may publish their completed Skills subject to standard Amazon approval and without use of Amazon and The Grand Tour related materials (including, without limitation, trademarks, logos and talent names).
4. Competition Calendar
The Competition starts on 17th November 2017 and ends on 12th February 2018. The Competition phases are noted in the calendar below. The dates are approximate and are subject to change at the Sponsor’s discretion.
PHASE 1: Contest open for idea submission
Friday 17th November, 2017
Sunday 10th December, 2017
PHASE 2: Entry review Period for selection of the 10 finalists
Monday 11th December 2017
Friday 15th December 2017
PHASE 3: Inform the 10 finalists
Monday 18th December, 2017
PHASE 4: 6 week Build phase for the 10 finalists
Monday 18th December, 2017
Sunday 28th January 2018
PHASE 5: Judging and selection of the winning team and 2 runners up teams
Monday 29th January, 2018
Friday 2nd February, 2018
Monday 12th February
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
All eligible and correctly submitted idea entrants will receive
- a Grand Tour t-shirt for each Entrant Team member
10 Finalist Teams (in addition to above) will receive
- 1 Echo Show per Finalist Team
- 1 Echo Dot per Finalist Team
Top 3 Finalist Teams (in addition to above) will receive:
- an Echo Dot for each Entrant Team member
- additional Echo Shows (up to three) so that each Entrant Team member has one
- A Fire TV stick for each Entrant Team member
- Grand Tour Goodie bag
1x Winning team (in addition to above) will receive:
- a trip to New York City, based on travel in 2018 during the months of April, May or June that includes:
- Return standard class train travel from winner’s nearest mainland rail station to London, Manchester, Edinburgh or Dublin
Return standard class flights from London, Manchester, Edinburgh or Dublin to New York
- Return private airport transfers in New York
- 2 nights’ luxury hotel accommodation (4* min) in Midtown or SoHo, sharing four single rooms or two twin rooms
- Daily breakfast
- Travel insurance
- A 2-hour tour of NYC in a classic convertible
- Dinner at a Brooklyn restaurant (for four people up to $75 per person for food and drink)
(the “Grand Prize”)
The Grand Prize is for four people. For teams of less than four, entrants from the winning team may invite guests to make up the four. Entrants are responsible for valid passport, and any other necessary travel documentation, including but not limited to, appropriate visas.
Travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the winner and/or their companion(s) to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and/or their companion(s) are aged 70 or over.
The winning team and two runners up teams will be decided by the panel by Monday February 5th 2018.
The winning team and runners up will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winning team cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
The promoter will notify the winners when and how the prizes will be delivered.
All prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
6. General Terms
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The winner agrees to the use of his/her/their name(s) and image(s) in any publicity material, as well as their entry by Catchy or Amazon or their respective affiliates. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and may be disclosed to Amazon and its affiliates in which case such personal data will be treated in accordance with Amazon's Privacy Notice. Any such personal data will not be disclosed to a third party, other than Amazon or its affiliates without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Waiver of Liability. Neither promoter nor Amazon will be responsible or liable for: (i) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or other conditions beyond their reasonable control; (ii) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (iii) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond their reasonable control; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
- General Release. By entering the Competition you release Amazon, relevant third parties, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agencies, from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, except as prohibited by law.
Copyright. Amazon, Alexa, Echo, Fire and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.by Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates.